Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Visual Arts

After completing our class on visual arts and actually doing artwork that embraces the art from children's books, I have learned that there are amazing children's illustrators with many different styles of art. Using children's books for teaching visual art within the class is an excellent way to expose art to the class at a level that can reach even the youngest of audiences. As you read a book to a class much emphasis can be placed on the art with the children and as the book is being read, stopping and talking about the art will even bring more attention to the students. Having the opportunity to actually make visual art pieces that focused on particular illustrators was very fun to experience and opened my eyes to many possibilities that may be used in the classroom to introduce students to different styles of artwork. As I go through this program and work towards my degree, I will definitely utilize my findings in my art integration class and focus more on the arts when I am in the classroom as a professional instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment