Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Drama

Drama is a great way for students to express themselves. There are many techniques that can be integrated into the curriculum that utilizes drama. I feel that just starting your day with an energizer is the perfect way to wake up the class and get them thinking. Creating plays or drama scenes that incorporate a book that the class has just read. Having the students read a poem aloud and emphasizing their favorite lines. Also doing math games that use drama techniques. These are just a few examples of how I would like to use drama in my class. I feel that incorporating activities within your standard curriculum gives children the ability to learn in a more fun and exciting way. It also brings your classroom from a level of boredom possibly to a level of intrigue and excitement. Students need to be stimulated to learn and I feel that drama helps greatly with this stimulation process.

No comments:

Post a Comment